Summer meals can have a big relationship with your taste buds, who are often not happy with what’s on the plate. As the temperature rises, it’s normal to lose interest in your nutrient-packed plate, even if it has the right ratio of carbohydrates, protein, fiber and vitamins. What you need is a spicy or tangy inspiration to finish the meal which often comes in the form of chutney, raita or achar (pickles). Since the summer months are ruled by the king of fruits, mangoes, this delicious fruit can be fully utilized by making various dishes like pickles, chutneys, mango panna, raita, salads. Nutritionists confirm its many health benefits, from treating digestive problems to boosting your immunity against diseases. (Also Read: Is Soaking Mangoes Important Before Eating? Answers From Nutritionists)
Ripe and raw mangoes have their own benefits. For example, raw mangoes can reduce heat symptoms and aid digestion.
“Mango is an excellent source of immune-boosting nutrients like vitamin C, E and antioxidants. It also helps in treating digestive problems like acidity, constipation and indigestion. Raw mango also helps in morning sickness during pregnancy. It is high in fiber and fiber. Helps reduce dehydration. It also reduces the effects of sunstroke caused by intense heat,” says Harpreet Kaur, Executive Nutritionist, Cloudnine Group of Hospitals, Panchkula.
Here are Kaur’s suggested raw mango chutney recipes that you can easily make at home and relish throughout the season.
1. Peanut Mango Chutney
1 cup roasted peanuts
Chopped raw mango – 1/3 cup
Green Chillies (as per your taste)
1 teaspoon cumin or cumin powder
Half a teaspoon of oil
1 teaspoon black salt
salt (to taste)
5 cloves of garlic
– Peel the mango and extract the pulp.
– Cut the pulp into small pieces so that it is easy to grind.
– Add all the ingredients in a blender and add red chili powder, sugar, salt, add a cup of water and blend it. Enjoy your healthy chutney with your paratha, idli or chapati.
2. Spicy mango chutney
1 raw mango
4-5 garlic cloves
8-10 mint leaves
1 tablespoon fennel or fennel seeds
– Cut your raw mango into small pieces.
– For a fresh aromatic sauce, you start with aromatic spices. Put the whole masala in a pan and dry it on medium-low heat for a minute.
– Now add ginger, garlic and salt to it.
– Add oil to the pan. Cook for a few minutes or seconds and then reduce the heat and add the sugar.
– Cook for 5 minutes until the unit sugar dissolves.
– Add a piece or pieces of underripe mango. Then cook on medium heat for 20 minutes until it thickens.
– Mix all the ingredients together with garlic, onion, cumin, sugar, coriander, mint leaves and half a cup of water.
3. Coconut mango chutney
1/2 small raw mango
2-3 green chillies
6-7 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons roasted almonds
¼ cup fresh coconut
Coriander leaves – small bunch
– Cut the mango into small pieces and mix all the ingredients in a blender.
– Take 2 tbsp. Dry roast almonds in a pan and on low flame.
– Make a paste by grinding roasted almonds, green chillies, cumin seeds and garlic.
– Cut ¼ cup of fresh coconut (200 g), add a small bunch of coriander leaves with stems and grind to a coarse paste.
– Cut the mangoes and grind them well.
– Enjoy your healthy sauce with your meal.
4. Roasted Mango Chutney
1 raw mango
Half a teaspoon of ginger
2-4 green chilies
1 cup jaggery
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
– Saute mango, ginger and green chillies until golden brown and fragrant.
-Then wash the mango and cut it into small pieces. Also chop the ginger and chillies.
– Now put all the ingredients – roasted raw mangoes, ginger and green chillies along with jaggery, salt and roasted cumin seeds – in a blender and add 1 cup of water.
– You can serve it with gram flour for breakfast.
5. Boiled Mango Chutney
2- Raw green mango
2 teaspoons of cumin
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
Half a teaspoon of black pepper
– Boil raw mangoes in water for 15 minutes.
– Add green chillies, garlic, onion, cumin, black salt and cook on low flame for 4 to 5 minutes. – Peel the raw mango and remove the seeds.
– Take a blender and add the boiled ingredients and blend it into a smooth paste.
More stories to follow Facebook and Twitter