Each lipstick color has multiple shades, undertones and formulas available and to top it off, a new trend hits your Instagram feed every week on how to apply them and the many hacks possible. It can all be very confusing but instead of being overwhelmed we sorted you out with a simple version that will make your life super easy.
Lipsticks are timeless, classic and always on trend but this year, it’s all about having fun and making a bold statement with your pout. Get ready to experiment with some playful and creative lipstick trends that are sure to turn heads.
Whether you prefer a pop of color or a more understated look, there’s something for everyone. In an interview with HT Lifestyle, Aarti Mohite, Category Lead, Plum Goodness, Color Cosmetics, suggests grabbing your favorite shade, swiping it on and getting ready to rock those luscious lips like never before with these trends.
1. Bold Berry: Berry shades are making a comeback and are perfect for creating a warm and sophisticated look. From deep plum to bright raspberry, these shades will make your lips look attractive and irresistible.
2. Soft Nudes: Keep it natural and comfortable with a soft nude lipstick that will give you a sleek and polished look.
3. Jack of all trades: Add a playful touch of color with lip and cheek tints! Perfect for on-the-go, they offer effortless and vibrant colors for a beautiful pout.
4. Red Love: Sizzle in bold, vivid red lipstick. Experiment with different colors and rock a classic, playful look with confidence.
5. Glossy Lips: The shine is back and better than ever! Opt for a high-shine finish that will keep your lips looking plump and juicy all day long.
6. Intense Mats: Get ready to pout with confidence with bold matte lipsticks that come in a variety of shades from red to pink to purple.
7. metal: Get ready to shine like a star with metallic lipsticks that come in a variety of shades, from silver to gold to copper.
8. Spouse Relationship: Switch things up and make a statement! Try using your favorite crayon lipstick as an eyeshadow for a fun, flirty look. Dare to be different!
Bringing her expertise to bear, Mamta Naik, Associate Vice President, Product Development at SUGAR Cosmetics, adds to the list of lipstick trends and recommends enjoying these lipstick trends to match your mood, outfit or occasion of the day:
1. Imaginary Corals – If you’ve always wondered about subtle shades that don’t add too much color and provide a refined balance to your lips, there’s some good news for you. Perfect for those who shy away from bold and heavy-duty lip colors, delicious corals will be your best friend!
2. Classic Vibrant Red – If you’re in the mood to go all guns blazing, it’s time to jump on the trend bandwagon and perfect the cult-favorite bold red on your lips.
3. deep wine – In the mood to channel your feisty self? Go for a bold lip shade to match it. Nothing sexier than a lip color belonging to the wine or burgundy family.
4. Cool Toned Pink – With spring-summer in full swing, it’s the perfect time to turn to cool-toned pinks. If you’ve been shying away from pink lately, here’s why you should pick it up again. The color will be a perfect addition to your sun-kissed look.
5. Lips shining like glass – The latest lip trend is a runway hit, brings back our 90s nostalgia, and is super easy to rock. Fancy yourself a juicy pucker? Stock up on some of your favorite lip gloss and top off your lipstick with it!
6. Bold Brown – Yet another throwback, which has made a huge comeback. Many Millenials and GenZ can be seen flaunting the 90s-inspired lipstick trend.
7. Dual tone – Another trend making a comeback is the dual toned lipstick look. Very easy to nail, gracing this new guy will help you unleash your creative side.
8. lip stain – Lightly stained lips are all the rage in K-pop town, and the minimal makeup warriors among us are rooting for it. If a grown-up pucker, covered in a lil’ tinge of color is your thing, you should definitely look out for this trend.
Get ready to unleash your inner glam goddess because it’s time to add some color to those luscious lips of yours! Whether you’re feeling like a blushing rose or a shy purple, there’s a lipstick trend that will suit your mood. So, go ahead and pucker up, Buttercup!