Gradual hair thinning, hair loss, thinning hair and bald spots are symptoms of hair loss and can cause concern for many people. While many in their 40s or 50s may accept it as a sign of aging, those who experience it earlier may perceive it as the end of youth. Whether due to aging symptoms or genetic problems, abnormal hair loss requires medical consultation as it can be prevented with corrective measures. In its absence, the affected person may be psychologically affected and may have a negative body image and low self-esteem. Hair loss can be caused by micronutrient deficiency, excessive use of chemical oils or improper care. In any case, it is always a good idea to consult a dermatologist. (Also Read: Does Onion Juice On Scalp Stop Hair Fall?
Hair loss is often the result of nutritional deficiencies and can be controlled by adding the right foods to your diet. Nuts and seeds can be reliable superfoods in this regard.
“Hair loss is a common problem among people of all ages, genders and hair types. From pollution to poor nutrition, there are many factors that contribute to hair loss, leaving us with thin and lifeless hair. While many hair products promise. to solve the problem However, nothing beats the power of a healthy diet. Including seeds and nuts in your diet can help nourish your hair from the inside out and fight hair loss,” says nutritionist Anupama Menon.
Superfoods to prevent hair fall
In an interview with HT Digital, Menon shares the seeds and nuts that can reduce hair fall and promote growth:
1. Pumpkin seeds: Pumpkin seeds are a treasure trove of nutrients that can do wonders for your hair. Loaded with essential minerals like zinc, copper, magnesium, selenium and calcium, these tiny seeds help prevent hair thinning caused by excess testosterone.
2. walnuts: Walnut is not only a delicious and healthy snack, but it also works as a natural remedy to promote hair health. These nuts are a rich source of antioxidants and fatty acids that can stimulate dull hair follicles and strengthen them to produce strong and fuller hair growth.
3. Linseed: Flax seeds are a powerhouse of nutrients, especially rich in omega-3 fatty acids and lignans, which can stimulate better blood circulation in the scalp and prevent inflammation of hair follicles.
4. Sunflower seeds: Sunflower seeds are a rich source of gamma-linolenic acid, a powerful nutrient that can help deep condition your hair strands, making them softer, shinier and more flexible. Additionally, it can stimulate dormant hair follicles and encourage them to grow new hair.
5. Almonds: Almonds are rich in magnesium, a mineral that helps promote good hair growth and prevent dandruff and hair loss.
6. Chia seeds: Chia seeds are a nutritional powerhouse that promotes good hair growth and prevents hair thinning. These tiny seeds are loaded with zinc and copper, two essential minerals that work together to nourish your hair and keep it healthy. Additionally, these seeds have anti-inflammatory properties that help fight follicular inflammation.
7. Coconut: Coconut is a natural hair care solution that helps in improving the quality of your hair. Its high-fat content allows it to deeply condition and nourish hair strands.
Menon also lists iron-rich nuts and seeds that benefit hair growth:
8. Sesame Seeds: Sesame seeds are rich in iron and fatty acids, which can nourish your hair roots and promote new hair growth. Additionally, sesame seeds contain antioxidants that help prevent premature graying and thinning of hair.
9. Hemp seeds: Packed with omega-3, 6, and 9 fatty acids, hemp seeds promote healthy hair growth. These seeds increase blood circulation to the scalp, which can stimulate hair growth and nourish the hair roots.
10. Pistachios: Rich in biotin, pistachios help fight hair loss and nourish dry hair, making strands more flexible and less prone to breakage. They are also a great source of iron, which is essential for healthy hair growth.
11. Fenugreek Seeds: Fenugreek contains compounds that slow down the ability of DHT (dihydrotestosterone) to bind to hair follicles, a process that can lead to hair loss and thinning. By reducing DHT levels, fenugreek helps promote healthy hair growth and prevent further hair loss.
“Incorporating these seeds and nuts into your diet can help nourish your hair and reduce hair fall,” concludes Anupama Menon.
More stories to follow Facebook and Twitter